Latest Blog Entry
Welcome to Excelsior
Our goal is to improve the athleticism of every sports person to help them achieve their full potential.
We do that by working with parents, teachers and coaches as well as the athlete themselves.
If you want expert strength and conditioning coaching and athletic development, you are in the right place.
- If you live in Mid Devon or Wellington and are interested in Gymnastics, Athletics or Weightlifting, then see our Athletic Development Club page
- If you are an athlete looking to improve your performance for your support then see our Strength and Conditioning page.
- If you are a parent concerned about your child’s commitments and potential overload and are looking for support in helping your child get fitter safely then see our Young Athlete page.
- If you are currently injured and looking for advice on how to get back to your sport safely, then see our Physiotherapy page.
- If you are a sports coach, teacher or physiotherapist looking for CPD, then see our Strength and Conditioning Courses page.
I had the pleasure (I think !) of working with James for a year or so focused on getting my Triathlon times down. Its amazing what was achieved in the space of an hour before work. What stood out for me is the constant variation of exercises and his ability to set the difficulties levels just right. His sense of humour and competitive spirit always helped when my energy levels were not quite there. I can attribute his structured training to my eventual success competing in the World Triathlon championships (age group) in Hamburg.
18 Feb 2017
Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Course – Somerset
Venue: Princess Royal Sports Complex, Wellington, Somerset. TA21 8NT
Assessment Day: Sunday 19 March 2017
Cost: £270 including materials and access to online resources. To book send a deposit of £100 here.