Latest Blog Entry
Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Course – Somerset 1 place left
Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Course.
18th – 19th February 2017
Venue: Princess Royal Sports Complex, Wellington, Somerset. TA21 8NT
Assessment Day: Sunday 19th March 2017
Cost: £270 including materials and access to online resources. To book send a deposit of £100 here.
The deposit is non refundable. Once the full balance has been paid and your place confirmed a refund cannot be provided.
Payment is required in full by Friday 20th January 2017.
20 REPS points are awarded for this course.
The Level 1Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning (L1CCSC) is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications. The L1CCSC is accredited at Level 1 on the National Qualifications Framework.
Is the L1CCSC for me?
If you are over 16 years of age and wish to develop your knowledge and skills in the area of coaching strength and conditioning for sport, then the L1CCSC is for you. Ideal for P.E. Teachers, Personal Trainers, Physiotherapists, Fitness Instructors or Sports Coaches.
“Excellent course content James. Certainly enabled me to take a fresh look at my own training.” Tony Caldwell, Powerlifting Coach.
Why should I study the L1CCSC?
It forms part of a structured and progressive programme of coaching and other related qualifications, offering you access and involvement in introducing others to coaching strength and conditioning for sport.
What can I use the L1CCSC for?
Applicable to all sports, this qualification also provides an introduction to the principles and practices of coaching safe, ethical strength and conditioning activities to athletes of all ages. This will enable candidates to seek employment as a strength and conditioning coaching assistant role in a club, school or equivalent environments.
· As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport and recreation industry.
· As a stepping-stone to the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport.
What will I learn?
Your learning programme will develop your understanding of:
- safe and ethical coaching in strength and conditioning
- the preparation involved to deliver: warm ups, cool downs, fundamental strength, speed and agility.
- the delivery and review of strength and conditioning coaching.
“Great course really enjoyed the weekend, lots to take in I also hope I can remember everything.” Craig Barrow, PE Teacher.
How will my learning programme be structured?
The learning programme will include the following phases:
- Pre course reading and introduction to the online resources.
- a learning programme that meets your needs, focusing on the theory and practice of coaching strength and conditioning for sport.
- a programme of assessment, spread throughout the course, including observations of your coaching by an appropriately qualified assessor.
At the end of the programme, you will be provided with formal feedback on your performance and an action plan for your further development.
You will then gain access to the Excelsior CPD community and all its resources and ongoing education workshops.
What will my assessment involve?
The L1CCSC assessment will require you to:
- complete a series of assessed tasks covering all four units of the qualification including a multiple choice exam.
- complete observed practical assessment of your coaching skills, taken from the practical syllabus, and oral questions on aspects of your performance, underpinning knowledge, understanding and application
- complete an independently assessed task covering ethics, equality and child protection.
The course will run from 0900 – 1630 each day.
James was in sole charge of fitness related matters, organising and implementing training programmes... also provided players with mentoring and advice on nutritional needs. He varied the programmes and was keen to keep ideas fresh and designed activities suitable to help young rugby player's progress. James was keen to put time into the thought process of his ideas and carry out to a very high standard.
06 May 2017
Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Course Oxfordshire. 6th- 7th May 2017 Assessment Day: 4th June 2017. Venue: Carterton Community College, Upavon Way, Carterton OX18 1BU Please register your interest with Carly Cost: £280 including materials and access to online resources. To book send a deposit of £100 here. The deposit is non refundable. Once the full balance has been […]