Latest Blog Entry
Creativity in Coaching
How do we become creative in our coaching?
For those of you studying at University, you may be under the impression that there is only one way of doing things. Try to look outside of the parameters of the people who are marking your assignments.
Here are some useful tips to get the ball rolling:
- Get some space between you and the daily grind- 15 minutes of non-electronic communication\ noise time. It is difficult to be creative with your mind being full of bills\ work\ relationships.
- Look at something different that you have never read or seen before, something completely unrelated to the norm. E.g. read Good Housekeeping magazine,watch how a beetle moves, or study a postcard in detail. Then write down 3 things that you have observed, or learnt.
Creative coaching to help solve problems
Once your mind is a bit clear, and you have been exposed to some new ideas or concepts, then it is time to try and apply this to your coaching or training.
You have written down 3 things that you have observed, now write down your 3 best coaching points and your 3 biggest coaching problems.
See how you can connect the good coaching with your problem via one of your observations on a non related subject.
It sounds bizarre, but in order to change, you have to try looking at things from a different perspective.
It is a lot more interesting than just copying someone else’s drills.
A Crash Course in Creativity from Tina Seelig at Stanford University.
I first worked with James in Devon Golf’s High Performance Group when I was 16. His attitude and enthusiasm towards training was the main reason I approached him whilst I was studying in the U.S.A to train with him again. He makes our sessions tough but enjoyable. He […]
02 Jan 2019
Sporting success starts here
- Are you a sporting teenager who wants to get better?
- Do you play more than 1 sport?
- Do you want specific advice on how you can prepare for the matches ahead?
- Do you want to know how to balance school/ club sporting commitments?
- This day is for you.
The Day will include: