Latest Blog Entry
Athletic Development Coach – WILLAND
Athletic Development Coach
Venue: Willand, Village Hall, WILLAND, EX15 2PL.
Date: Wednesday 20th February. Time 0900-1630.
Booking deadline Friday 8 February
Is the ‘Athletic Development Coach’ course for me?
- This particular course is for our junior members to attend.
- If you are interested in attending please contact Carly.
What will I learn?
Course Goals and Objectives
Candidates will be expected to achieve a basic level of understanding of the importance of athletic development and how it enhances sport specific practice. The candidates will be able to effectively implement the skills learnt on their return to their own clubs. This foundation course prepares the candidates for further CPD modules on more specific aspects of athletic development.
- Gain a basic understanding of athletic development.
- Understand structural integrity and how it underpins athletic performance.
- Learn new movements and how to apply them in warm ups to help prepare your athletes.
- Improve your coaching eye and make necessary adjustments to your plan.
How will my learning programme be structured?
The learning programme will include the following phases:
- Online learning : Four 30 minute modules containing small tasks such as watching a video, reading an article or blog post. Designed to fit around around your busy lifestyle, you can complete the tasks in one sitting, or in stages.
- Coaching practical: A day of learning new movements and how to apply them at your club. This will include planning, doing and reviewing micro-practice sessions. You will get a chance to practise, share ideas and get feedback. All of which are designed to help you implement the ideas immediately on returning to your club.
- Certificate: After the coaching practical you will have the opportunity to answer a short quiz to check your understanding. When successful, you will receive a certificate of learning.
How can I progress?
This course is the Foundation. On completion you will then gain access to the Excelsior Continuing Professional Development (CPD) community. You will then be able to attend our 3 hour CPD modules on:
- Dry land Training (Swim fitness)
- Strength Foundation
- Golf fitness.
Cost: £100 including online learning and a one day course to practice coaching techniques.
Booking form below, you will received a confirmation once you have paid. Enquiries here.
Payment to be paid in full and your place confirmed, a refund cannot be provided.
I ruptured my ACL back in August 2015 playing football for Tiverton Town FC. Not only have I just returned to play again less than a year later with my knee feeling as good as it did prior to my injury, but my my body in the whole feels like it was 10 years ago […]
01 Apr 2019
Athletic Development Coach – NORTH DEVON
Venue: North Devon, TBC;
Cost: £100 including materials and access to online resources. here.