Latest Blog Entry
Weight lifting Club
Excelsior ADC Weightlifting
Welcome to the Weightlifting club page. We run 6 sessions a week in Willand, Cullompton in term time.
In order to attend you need to be 13 years or older and injury free. You will get professionally coached and shown how to lift safely.
The sessions are coached by James Marshall, author of Get Stronger. James is NSCA certified, UKSCA accredited and is a level 2 Weightlifting coach, level 2 technical official.
He tutors level 1-3 Strength and conditioning coaching courses as well as Level 1 and 2 Coaching Weightlifting courses.
Excelsior ADC is affiliated to British Weightlifting.
Week beginning 22nd October, ending Friday 21st December.
- Monday night: 1830-1930
- Tuesday/ Wednesday mornings 0930-1030 (tbc depending on members’ perference).
- Friday evenings 1815 -1915
Club membership is £5 per year (October 1st to September 30th), sessions cost £4 for members payable in advance in blocks, or £5 on the day (so £36 for 1 session per week for this block).
Non members can pay £6 per session and train if space is available.
The format will include:
- Physical preparation: structural integrity.
- Technical coaching on the main lifts (Commonly known as Olympic lifts) including, cleans, snatch, spilt snatch and derivatives.
- Nutrition and lifestyle advice.
Weightlifting is one of the fastest growing sports for women in the UK.
Other female lifters will be there to help and encourage you.
Here are 4 of our female lifters describing why they like what they do:
Here is Excelsior ADC member, goalkeeper Dan James doing a power clean and push jerk.
Please contact James Marshall to register your interest. Places are limited to 6 per session.
Our base is in Willand, Cullompton,Devon, Ex15 2RN. This is only 15 minutes from Tiverton and Wellington in Somerset, only 25 minutes from Honiton, Exeter and Taunton in Somerset.
In the mean time, read these for inspiration
or watch this video from British Weightlifting
I ruptured my ACL back in August 2015 playing football for Tiverton Town FC. Not only have I just returned to play again less than a year later with my knee feeling as good as it did prior to my injury, but my my body in the whole feels like it was 10 years ago […]
02 Jan 2019
Sporting success starts here
- Are you a sporting teenager who wants to get better?
- Do you play more than 1 sport?
- Do you want specific advice on how you can prepare for the matches ahead?
- Do you want to know how to balance school/ club sporting commitments?
- This day is for you.
The Day will include: