Latest Blog Entry
CPD for coaches and teachers
We are happy to run courses for your club or school. This can be specific workshops for your athletes, or as part of a CPD programme for your staff and sports coaches.
“The environment the tutor had created was of the highest order for candidates to develop and learn. Enabling the qualities of the candidates knowledge, practical performance and understanding of the requirements of a coach to be shown.”
Pete Amos, External Verifier Nov 2017.
P.E. Teachers or personal trainers who are looking to gain additional qualifications would also benefit (read here for tips).
We deliver courses that include:
- Athletic Development Coach: 1 day course for sports coaches delivered at your club. Details here
- 1st4sport “Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport, Level 2 and Level 3*
- 1st4sport “Coaching Weight Lifting” Level 1 and Level 2*
- Educational Gymnastics: 1 day workshop for teachers and sports coaches who are looking to improve the physical literacy of their pupils and athletes. Builds up basic skills using guided discovery, aimed at developing each person individually.
- Invasion Games: School based lessons for teachers to observe whilst their class takes part. Shows how to include every pupil, develop basic skills and develop overall game sense throughout their Primary school years.
* These are part of the National Framework of Qualifications, from 1st4sport. The level 1, level 2 and level 3 Strength and Conditioning courses accredit 16 REPS points for your CPD.
Please contact us to discuss details.
Once you have attended an S&C course you will get access to the Private online resources. These are updated monthly to allow you to continue to learn and develop your coaching practice.
Part of the recommended reading list is Training Young Athletes
Athletic Development Coach – TAUNTON *NEW COURSE*
18 Nov 2018
A one day course for sports coaches in Somerset looking to help get their teams fitter. Practical ideas that you can use immediately. Course fee £100 includes resources and e-learning modules.
"James Marshall is now managing my two sons' strength and conditioning training for a fourth consecutive year. From the very start, youngsters and parents alike have easily engaged with James' professional approach and personable manner.Now both semi-professional cyclists aged 20 and 18, between them they have achieved numerous successes in the National Junior Series, including two stage wins, a silver medal in the National Championships, and selection for team GB in the Junior World Series.