Latest Blog Entry
Dumbbells or Machines? Istvan Javorek
The benefits of dumbbell training by Istvan Javorek
- Dumbbell training is generally safe.
- Does not need a large practice area.
- Is easy to teach (compared to barbell lifts).
- Can be done simultaneously and very efficiently with a large number of athletes.
- Is dynamic with a large range of motion (actually the range of motion is unlimited).
- A large range of exercise variations.
- Stimulates (very important in so many sports) the balance mechanisms powerfully (which much machine training does not adequately do)
- Enables one to develop unlimited muscular power, cardiovascular and muscular endurance, flexibility and strength (most machine training develops muscles but not dynamic explosive strength).
- Is inexpensive to equip a gym with several sets of DBs.
- Can be very easily monitored with a 100 percent accuracy, because we have an exact number of repetitions, sets, volumes and rhythm of exercising.
- Enables one to efficiently monitor the heart rate before and after each set, thus providing a very clear view of recovery time and the physical fitness level of the individual athlete.
- DB exercise variations are unlimited and any experienced coach should be able to figure out many novel variations of DB exercises.
James Marshall is a master of his field. He knows how to turn a big audience hall into a small seminar setting, where he picks everyone up. One of the finest invited speakers DAASM has ever had the privilege to announce. Dr. Dr. Homayun Gharavi Founder & President of DAASM
20 Feb 2019
Athletic Development Coach Venue: WILLAND Date: Wednesday 20th February. Time 0900-1630. Booking deadline Friday 8 February Is the ‘Athletic Development Coach’ course for me? This particular course is for our junior members to attend. If you are interested in attending please contact Carly. What will I learn? Course Goals and Objectives Candidates will be expected […]