Latest Blog Entry
September 13, 2018
Why the Daily Mile should not be mandatory for pupils Two Primary School head teachers have mentioned the “Daily Mile” to me in the last 6 months. The first said he was going to introduce it in his school. The second asked me about it and had concerns because she didn’t want any of the […]
Dumbbells or Machines? Istvan Javorek
The benefits of dumbbell training by Istvan Javorek
- Dumbbell training is generally safe.
- Does not need a large practice area.
- Is easy to teach (compared to barbell lifts).
- Can be done simultaneously and very efficiently with a large number of athletes.
- Is dynamic with a large range of motion (actually the range of motion is unlimited).
- A large range of exercise variations.
- Stimulates (very important in so many sports) the balance mechanisms powerfully (which much machine training does not adequately do)
- Enables one to develop unlimited muscular power, cardiovascular and muscular endurance, flexibility and strength (most machine training develops muscles but not dynamic explosive strength).
- Is inexpensive to equip a gym with several sets of DBs.
- Can be very easily monitored with a 100 percent accuracy, because we have an exact number of repetitions, sets, volumes and rhythm of exercising.
- Enables one to efficiently monitor the heart rate before and after each set, thus providing a very clear view of recovery time and the physical fitness level of the individual athlete.
- DB exercise variations are unlimited and any experienced coach should be able to figure out many novel variations of DB exercises.
James has a huge breath and depth of knowledge on fitness issues. He is able to implement this knowledge into a practical course both making the task of fitness and conditioning both different and interesting from other fitness training that most are familiar with. He understands the safety issues when dealing with young adults strength and conditioning programmes. Programmes he sets are tailored to the individual needs of the group. There was a huge amount of progress made with some of these individuals in terms of their understanding of fitness and their own fitness levels.
Athletic Development Coach – HORSHAM * NEW COURSE *
14 Oct 2018
14 Oct 2018
Athletic Development Coach – Horsham
Venue: Christ’s Hospital, Horsham. RH13 0LA
Cost: £100 including materials and access to online resources. here.